Karin Ellis from Ellis Culture will talk about how to achieve better communication across cultures. Karin is the author of the books ‘Working with Norwegians’, ‘Applying for jobs in Norway’ and ‘Flerkulturelle arbeidsplasser’. More information on: www.ellisculture.com
The goal of this mini-seminar is to be able to reduce misunderstandings and communication issues, by learning about indirect communication and how to handle it. It will also address what kind of communication is expected by Norwegians.
• Introduction to low and high context cultures
• Why people from some cultures say ‘yes’ when they really mean ‘no’
• What a ‘yes’ really means and why it’s so hard for some to say ‘no’
• How to become a better listener by listening on new ‘frequencies’
• What you should listen for, with examples
• Techniques for asking questions, to get more comprehensive answers
• Recommendation for communication in a Norwegian environment
Participants who sign up will receive email (in good time before webinar) with link how to join. Sign up here: https://bit.ly/2VKGsmb
Update on 6th May:
We have decided to publish the link to the online meeting so that people may also attend without a ticket. Please note that only those with a ticket will receive a copy of the presentation shown in the meeting.
If you have not used Zoom before, please join 5 minutes early to install the necessary software on your computer.
Vil du støtte Litteraturhuset?
Siden åpningen i 2016 har Litteraturhuset i Trondheim arbeidet for å etablere en permanent arena i Trøndelag for debatter, samtaler, foredrag og konserter, med et høyt aktivitetsnivå og for hele fylket.Fortsett å lese »